Monday, April 19, 2010

Ta-Da!

It's done*!

The blanket is about cot-size (assuming you are familiar with cots!).

All up about a month to make. And although I did get a bit obsessive about them for a while there, I did take a break from making the circles in that time also, so it was a reasonably quick project.

I've gone with the random look, although it's more planned-random than random-random. I did struggle with the thought of random for a while there, but then I came up with a plan.... I made all the hex rounds the same colour as the centre round on each circle. Then I put them together in rows of 9 (since I used 9 colours) and made sure I had only one of each colour in each row. I also tried to spread all the colours out evenly so I didn't end up with clusters of the same colour anywhere. I think it's turned out nicely and I'm really happy with it. It's big enough to go over one of the kids if they are lying on the couch and all of them really love it too. Even DH loves it! Actually I think he loves the fact that I'm done with it so I can get back to knitting his blanket!

I'm going to have to take a break from knitting for a while though. My hands are still giving me quite a bit of trouble so it's not an enjoyable thing at the moment. I also only have two weeks left until I return to work. I have so much to do before then! The kids have started childcare successfully - in fact they are there now and I'm at home alone!! First time in almost 4.5 years I've had an entire day to myself. Now I must go do some housework...


*It's not entirely done. I'm calling it done for the CAL at Tangled Yarns, but I would like it bigger. I have yarn left so I'm going to just add to it as I feel like until it is at least big enough to cover my legs while sitting on the couch on a cold night

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Absolutely magnificent! It's stunning!

Sam said...

Looks fabulous! What wonderful colours!

Jo's Place said...

That is absolutely fabulous, well done

Rainbow JenJen said...

oooh this is making me WISH I could crochet! Lovely ;)

Riches Stitches said...

Well done. It looks beautiful. I really love your colour selection. Are you going to do a boarder around the edge when you are totally finished?
Jane 80)

Melissa said...

Wow, it looks great!

Lou's Mum said...

Hi Jane :) I don't think I will do a border. Originally I thought I would as I didn't like the look of the edge without one in photos, but now that I have one I do kind of like it!