Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Just when you think you've won.....

So here' s my finished Rusted Root (Rav link).



Still unblocked, but I only finished it yesterday and I was eager to show it off. The endless rows of stocking stitch, broken only by a small patch of lace were actually worth it, because it fits! And I like it, and I'm sure to wear it!

I'm so happy to be finished.....

But wait.

What's that piece of red scrap yarn dangling away there on the side?


Lets take a closer look......



Oh, hi there... DROPPED STITCH! Didn't see you there.... until I had completed 43cm of knitting!

Not sure what to do about this. It's in the sin bin until I can work something out. Anyone got any suggestions?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I would probably pull it through the back and sew it in. And perhaps if it needs a little bit of duplicate stitching around the area to make it look like a seamlessly executed decrease, that would be okay too.

Sucks to find a nasty suprise like that doesn't it?

Rachael said...

Agree with Shannon. You're the only one who will know it's there (oh except for us lol)