Monday, December 7, 2009

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Spongebob Squarepants!


Ever since our holiday to Qld, the boys have been interested in Spongebob. I don't think they'd ever seen him before, beyond maybe an ad or two on tv or something in a catalogue. We don't have Foxtel and as far as I know he's not on free-to-air-TV (which is the only tv I'll ever have!).

Anyway, we saw the Spongebob show at Dreamworld... we rode the Spongebob Flypants ride at Nick Central... and lucky us got to watch a Spongebob marathon at our apartment on the Gold Coast, on one of our "down days" that also happened to be a bit rainy and cold.

So when I discovered that a local bowling alley had a Spongebob themed party for kids, we booked them in. And the perfect opportunity to make a Spongebob cake!


And yes, I know he doesn't have his spots, but I had got that far without anything going wrong, it was late when I finished and I had no time to make another one if the spots didn't work out, so I quit while I was ahead!

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

we never had spongebob when the kids were small..........cute cake.

Gill in Canada