Thursday, May 15, 2008

Secret Knitting - some FOs

Just a couple of pics of things I made for F, which I didn't want to post prior to her birth since we were trying to keep the fact that she was a girl secret LOL

Firstly the Seamless Baby Kimono in Treliske Organic Merino, hand dyed pink by Elissa from The Yarn Cafe. This is so so soft and lovely. I made the 0-3 month size, which Jacki kindly emailed as a test knit. It hasn't actually been cool enough for her to wear it yet, but hopefully soon I'll get to show her off in it. I love it, love the pattern and love the yarn.




Next is a pair of Picky Pants, which will probably be longies to begin with and then become capris I suppose. It was nice to finally knit these and finish with a girly frill LOL I can't say I'm terribly happy with these as I stuffed them up somehow (by dropping a stitch marker and then it all went downhill from there!) but they will still work and I'm sure they'll be super-cute once on. I used Cleckheaton Country 8ply for this. On sale at K-mart! Can't go past on sale yarn! They are a bit big now so hopefully will fit in another couple of months. I'd like to embellish them a bit, so if I get time I'll do that and post an updated pic. Don't hold your breath about that one though LOL

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I love the seamless kimono - thanks for the link!