Thursday, February 12, 2009

Charade and other things

Still not a great deal of knitting going on around here. My hands are feeling better so that's a good thing. I think taking a break for a week really helped. I also think that the weather was causing me problems because once the heatwave broke the pain stopped. I'm really hoping that I don't have arthritis. I really need to look into that more. Anyway, knitting has been limited in recent times as I've been sucked into the vortex that is Facebook. Not sure why, as nothing really happens on FB and it's a complete time waster, but I totally have way more friends than my DH so that's a good thing LOL

Charade is going ok. I really like how the yarn is knitting up with this pattern and the pattern itself is quite easy to remember. It just feels a little tedious. It's only a 2-row repeat, so to me it seems to be growing quite slowly. Somehow longer pattern repeats - like Monkey for eg - seemed to go so much quicker. So I'm still not at the heel flap on the first sock and I've got probably another 1.5 inches to go before I'm there - if I decided to make it that long of course. And then I have to do it all again! My plan of having both socks on the go at once hasn't come to fruition as yet. Maybe I'll try to cast the other one on tonight. I'll do that one magic-loop. Maybe that will go quicker with less needle switches. So here's progress so far......


And I finished these capris for F back in January but haven't posted them as I wanted to embellish them, but haven't got around to it yet so I'll let you have a peek at them as is and then again when I'm done with them (assuming it all works out of course, otherwise you won't be seeing them again LOL). They are more like longies on her atm, but by Spring they should be a nice pair of capris or longish shorties for her. I made them a bit big for that purpose. I love how the yarn knitted up in these too - "Frolic" is the colourway from TYC.


I'll also have my second ever sewing project to show off in a few days I hope! Just trying to find a good time to pull the machine out and get it done. F has been quite unsettled in the evenings recently due to a throat infection and well, being 9 months old LOL I'm too afraid to bring the machine out in case the noise disturbs her anymore than she's already disturbed. You'll be excited to know that there's some hand-applique on this one, so I know you'll all be on the edge of your seats waiting to see that LOL I need to get it done before next Tuesday so I will make it a priority this weekend.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I detect a note of sarcasm from you, but I'll assure you I'm definitely on the edge of my seat!

All the exciting quilty stuff I bought is still sitting in the bag it came home in...