Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Goodies from across the ocean

My DH has recently returned from a trip *home*. It was a work trip primarily, but seeing as he was in the mother-country he decided to add on a few days to visit with his parents. He hasn't seen them in 5 years. So I took the opportunity to make some purchases that aren't that easy to make locally and have some stuff sent to my ILs for DH to bring home with him.

First up, some lovely Malabrigo from Little Knits.




I do have to say though, that I wasn't all gaga over this yarn like I thought I would be. The hype would have you believe it is the softest most luscious yarn ever, but in all honesty it doesn't feel any softer than any of the lovely yarns I've already used and been able to get locally. That's not to say that I don't like it, or I don't think it's soft. I certainly do love it! But I think maybe my expectations were not met based on the raves it gets on places like Ravelry. And I'm yet to knit with it so I still have to have that experience. I may change my tune after using it!

And I couldn't believe the good fortune of finding out that not only are Little Knits located in the same city as my ILs, but that they had some excellent sales on some of the very yarn I wanted to get my hands on! So how could I pass up the chance to get some Koigu sock yarn AND some Dream in Color Smooshy?!?!


I don't have pics of the DIC smooshy as one is already a WIP and the photo came out all blurry of the other skein and I can't be bothered re-photographing! Both were purple colourways though, and I think the second skein will actually become socks. The WIP is not socks.

That was pretty much the extent of my *gifts*. And I had to purchase them myself LOL I did get this mug and a t-shirt from NYC also. Here's some fusion for you - drinking English Breakfast Tea in a NYC mug in Australia lol

2 comments:

Peta said...

Oooh lucky you!! Love the colours in the Koigu and I'm seriously jealous about the smooshy!

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you knit with the malabrigo, it's beautiful yarn (although not dissimilar to single ply 100purewool)

yah to be able to get US sales!