With the recent heatwave my inclination to sit and knit has waned a little. And since my sewing machine's recent lack of use has been playing on my mind a bit, I decided it was a good opportunity to do some sewing instead.
I'm still VERY much a novice at this, but this cute little pattern - Popover Sundress - was pretty easy going. The instructions were really clear (even if I did manage to attach and sew the first arm strap on wrong!). Once I worked out what I had done it was plain sailing from there. I also managed to burn my thumb twice while pressing the straps, before I decided to turn off the steam.
The fabric is just some from the quilting section at Spotlight that I picked up some time ago. Fortunately I had contrasting shades in the same print so they go well together. And they were the only pieces that I had enough of to not have to go and buy more.
Seems to be a hit with Miss F. She arrived next to me at the computer this morning with it on - albeit inside out and not over her shoulders, but the fact that she had both wanted to put it on AND managed to do that much herself, impressed me and tells me she likes it :)
The sewing bug has bitten!