Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Playing with Fabric

I don't have a large fabric stash (at least compared to my yarn stash!) but with my hands still playing up I decided it was time to look through and see what I had and what I could make.

This is what I came up with.



I had the denim fabric leftover from some shorts I made for the boys for Christmas (must remember to post those!) and the patterned fabrics were a couple of fat quarters I picked up at a craft fair almost a year ago now! I loosely followed these instructions but I adjusted the fabric measurements a little to make it more F's size.

I'm really happy with the way they've turned out, and I've certainly learned a lot about hems and waistband casings! I don't own an overlocker, so I also finished the edges of my seams off with a zig zag stitch. I didn't do that on the shorts and the denim frayed terribly after washing. Hopefully the zig zag stitch will prevent this happening, or at least minimise it.

No action shots but the recipient is definitely happy with them. She likes wearing them over her jeans when I'm not trying to get photos of them to blog with.

No comments: