Monday, April 14, 2008

The Curse of the School Holidays

I am sick. And I kid you not... every single school holidays of 2007, one of us was sick too. If it wasn't L, it was M, or me. Or a combination of the three of us. All to the point where we weren't really able to leave the house to do much because someone felt crappy and it wouldn't have been fair to drag that someone around for the sake of entertainment for the other someones. Great start to the 2008 school holiday season.

It started with L and a fever a few weekends ago, which didn't last long, wasn't an infection of any kind, but did develop into the sniffles a few days later. But one day of school missed wasn't too bad and I thought we'd come out unscathed. Then of course M wakes up with a high temp last week. That only lasted less than 24 hours, but his developed into a full-blown cold thingo quite quickly. All was going well for me though and I was congratulating myself on staying well. Until Saturday. After a 2 hour, pre-arranged stint at the hairdresser, I literally spent the rest of the day in bed asleep. The boys spent the afternoon on the couch watching movies (they are all feeling a bit yuck still, including DH now too). Luckily they were happy to do that. M had a much needed nap too, so a good day all round LOL

Since then it's been non-stop snotsville and major congestion. The achy-ness has gone, but the headache, sore throat and boogers have hung around. I suspect that M has the sore throat too, but he seems to have perked up a bit. L's got the runny nose, but otherwise seems ok. And DH has gone to work to spread the love.

so what I'd really like to do is curl up on the couch and knit. Only I just want to lie down all the time, and the knitting thing still isn't quite working for me. I did manage to finish off the pair of longies I was making for the new bub. What would normally have taken probably only a couple of days at the most, took a little over two weeks. But they are done. And I shall post pics of them as soon as I feel better. They are so tiny! I'll have to remember to photograph them next to a pair of M's for size comparison.

Now to find something we can do to pass the time at home, in between nose blowing and coughing.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Oh I'm sorry you're going through all that and hope you're at the end of it soon.

Unfortunately I know all about it around here. I have managed to stay on top of things healthwise, but the kids have had one thing after the other and it's been very stressful!!

Here's to healthy days ahead!