Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Things went a bit pear-shaped

I had a post all typed out this morning, with pics uploaded and all and then somehow it all disappeared :( Shortly after that as I was about to dash out the door to go to kindergym with M, I managed to slice the side tip of my finger off with a stray razor while rummaging through a drawer. Cue blood all over the sink, a slightly panicked me with an upset baby and a toddler almost out the door. Two bandaids later and we did make it to kindergym (after I briefly considered staying home in case I passed out on the drive up there) but now my finger really hurts and so does my whole arm, for that matter :( and I'm too afraid to take the bandaids off to check the situation. I didn't pass out at kinderygym thankfully, and M only managed to crash-tackle two kids this week. So all is good.

But on to FOs. I still have to tie up the July challenge posts. Will be quick cause typing hurts. Suffice to say I didn't quite get there with two of the projects, but they have now been completed and here is one of them....




This is the Eyelet Yoke Cardigan. I love it. It turned out really well. The delays relate to my fear of seaming (which isn't that great on this project but it's passable for a baby item) and not being able to find the right button. As you can see I managed to overcome those two problems and it's now done.

The other project finished was the Omo Scarf. I was going to make it longer but got tired of it so just cast it off where it was. I think it's a nice length as it is. No pics of that yet but will get some up once my finger stops throbbing and I can think clearly again.

Oh, and another sneaky little peak of the secret knitting.....

3 comments:

Lis said...

ouchie!
I hope your day is improving....
love the cardigan, it's so pretty.

Anonymous said...

oh no poor you!

oooh, the secret knitting just gets awesomer and aweomer ;)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness ouch!!

the cardi is gorgeous, so very pretty