Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dear Blog....

.... I'm sorry for neglecting you. I've been trying to post for sometime now but things keep getting in the way. I did have grand plans to try and blog at least once a week in 2009, but I failed miserably at that already so things aren't looking good. Also I am trying to spend less time on the PC, so sitting and blogging really flies in the face of that.

School started back today so it's been school holidays here up to now. That's kept me pretty busy between trying to entertain children, take care of a baby and keep the house from looking like a disaster zone. We did manage to do some fun things, but having a young baby restricts our movements somewhat, so not as many fun outings as I'd hoped. The Christmas period also coincided with Miss F cutting two teeth at once which resulted in an unhappy baby for about a week or two. As well as the two accidents she had which involved a trip to the chiropractor to fix, but she's back on track again now and she's already pulling up on the furniture and cruising around!! She hasn't worked out how to get down on her own yet though, so there's much frustration, esp when she just gets right back up again after I help her down LOL I've also just had a bout of mastitis, which has not been fun and I'm still not feeling 100% yet. All of this has meant that very little knitting or crafting of any kind has been going on. So nothing to show at the moment. I did want to post about my plan for the year, so I'll do that. Oh, and not to mention the 41C temperatures forecast for the next 3 days!!! and beyond that all very high 30's - not exactly knitting weather. I seem to work up a sweat just sitting and knitting so there's probably not going to be much of that in the next week or so. I need to move to a cooler climate.

2009 - A Plan

There was a thread over on Woolaholics with people's knitting plans for the year. I don't think I can break it down to specific projects and when I want to do them, but I do have some ideas about what I want to achieve this year....

- one pair of socks per month - January done!
- complete my Central Park Hoodie for winter 2010
- 3 squares per month for the afghan I'm (trying to) knit for DH
- I'd like to try a colourwork project - if anyone knows of anything that would be a good starter project then let me know!
- By the end of the year I'd like to be able to sew myself a skirt
- Make that necklace from the kit that my mother bought me for Christmas a few years ago.
- winter jacket/vest for L & M
- New soakers/shorties/longies for F

I can't really allocate those to particular months because my knitting time is fairly infrequent atm so it's hard to say when I'll get to do any of it. But obviously seasons dictate when things will be worn, so no use leaving the vests/jackets until Septmeber LOL

I've also got a problem with my hands again, which seems to be made worse by knitting atm, so that's slowing me down.

And there's also the self-imposed yarn buying ban I've put myself on. I need to lose some weight, so buying yarn is a reward for losing some of that. That plan's going well so far - no weight lost, so no yarn bought. Success! LOL Maybe if I didn't bake chocolate chip cookies and then eat almost the entire batch myself, I might actually get to buy yarn again.

I don't even have any pictures to put up to break up this post *sigh*. I'm off to turn the airconditioner on. Who thought it would be a good idea to have a hot cup of tea on a day like this?!

2 comments:

Jack said...

Deary me, what a run. Hopefully things settle now that the kids are back at school.

Peta said...

LOL Kim seems we have the same plan with the yarn buying, I'm yet to buy any yarn either. :) Sounds like you've had a bad run, I hope it all settles down for you soon.