Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oops

What do you do when you have a non-sleeping baby that falls asleep while you are heading home in the car? Take a drive to your LYS, that's what! Although my LYS isn't really all that local, but I have a hard time driving aimlessly around, so needed a destination with a possible purpose. And wouldn't you know it. As I pulled into a parking space, L announces from the back seat that F was awake! Well, I took that as a sign that I was meant to go in. And seeing as this LYS is the only local stockist in this city of Noro, I couldn't help but have a look at it while I was there, having never seen it in real life before. And of course, being a LYS and in this relatively sleepy little city, the price she was charging for this particular yarn was a lot cheaper than I've seen it anywhere online, and in the bigger stores from the east coast. Another sign?

So these lovelies somehow found their way to the checkout counter and into my car for a ride to my house. I grabbed two balls of three different colourways. Couldn't help myself. And that kind of blows my as-yet-unannounced plan to not buy any yarn for at least the first 6 months of 2009. But I'll justify it by saying that I needed one last fix before committing myself to this goal. And so here they are... I'd like you to meet 211, 205 & 87. They are currently getting acquainted with the rest of my stash. Not sure what I'll do with them as yet. But for now I'm just going to admire their glorious colours.

No comments: