Wednesday, April 1, 2009

PIF Creation

And now that these have *finally* been sent (and received!) I can reveal them...



I made these for the PIF Swap from early last year. I only got the one comment (which I was secretly happy about, because I really couldn't imagine having to make three things for three different people!! I had enough trouble deciding on this project!) and after a bit of thought (and a bit of stalking LOL) I decided some fingerless mitts would be the way to go. And the recipients favourite colour is red, so I chose one of my very favourite yarns - WOOLganic in Chilli Pepper.

This is the "Cafe Au Lait" mitts pattern, which I love, love, love (can't seem to open Ravelry for a pattern link right now). I'm going to make myself a pair in Gondwana when I get the time. Really quick knit, although not without its dramas - all knitter related unfortunately. I finished the first one really quickly. Then put them aside to do a few quick Christmas projects. Then I cast on the second mitt and it literally flew off the needles! Had it finished by Christmas, all ready to post off early January to meet my 365-day deadline of Jan 26. After I finished I held them up together to admire and... what's that?! One mitt is smaller than the other? Oops, I must have done something wrong with the pattern right? Nope. My inbetween projects were on smaller needle tips, and I completely forgot to check this before casting on and finishing the second mitt. Doh!

It took me a while to be able to face frogging it and re-knitting, but I did and finished it by the deadline. Getting to the PO proved to be a problem though! But they are now safe and sound with their new owner and I hope she loves them :)

1 comment:

tikki said...

they're lovely, Kim. That chili is a gorgeous colour!