Monday, April 27, 2009

Sew Cute!

Last week, with F's 1st birthday looming, I decided that it would be lovely if I made her a little outfit for her birthday. Let's not mention that the only thing I've sewn so far is a couple of bags - nothing anyone has to wear! Anyway, after a bit of help from the Crafty Mamas forum, I was direct to this pattern. Super easy! I had some fabric lying around from a SL sale, so all I needed was a bit of elastic and ribbon and I was away!



I think I did pretty well. Although I will admit to a bit of trickery in the photos. The waist on the skirt is not finished - I just have to sew up the elastic and I'm done! I'm going to leave the casing open so I can easily change the elastic, as this skirt will likely fit for a very long time! I couldn't find maternity elastic (or whatever they call that adjustable stuff) at SL. Will have to look around for it because it would make life so much easier! The little butterfly applique was so much fun too. So sweet, and I can't wait to see my little girl in an outfit (almost) entirely made by me!

No comments: