Thursday, August 20, 2009

WIPs

I seem to have accumulated a few of them. I have been trying to keep them to a minimum, focusing on one project at a time, but somehow I've managed to get two socks, a vest and another shawl on the go at the same time. And actually that's not all - there are a couple of longtime WIPs still hanging around also :(

And the green sock in the bottom left hand corner even has a dropped stitch that I only discovered last night. I'm not really sure how I managed to get so far with it with a dropped stitch right back on the leg. It's a chart pattern too, so something weird seems to have happened. Anyway, I've decided that one will get fixed as is, there's no way I'm frogging it back to before the heel flap. I'm on the home stretch!

The shawl was an impromptu cast on after a visit to my LYS which is having a 30% off all yarns clearance sale! Found out about that one by accident and promptly headed over there and picked up some Noro. The colourway is so beautiful so I was straight back home looking for something suitable and couldn't wait to cast it on. It is certainly addictive watching the colours emerge.

The vest is fast becoming an annoying niggle in the back of my mind. I powered along with it to start with. All I've got left is the front shoulders, then to seam it and do the neck and arm bands. Oh, and all those ends to weave in because of the stripes :( I don't know why I can't get motivated to just get it finished. I need to make some time for that this weekend I think.

I blame Ravelry for all of this. If only people would stop favouriting and queuing lovely things, I might actually be able to get some projects finished!

No comments: