Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Last blog post for a bit and a DIY project

Holiday time is drawing near, and I've been thinking about holiday knitting. I won't tell you DH's reaction when he saw that on my "list of things to pack" lol Needless to say he clearly wasn't expecting me to bring any knitting!

I'm torn about what to take though.

I posted this photo of current WIPs a little while back....


I'm thinking I should take one of these, but I'm not feeling the love for any of them. In fact, the blue-green shawl is actually off the needles and cable altogether. I'd love to knock the striped vest off, but it's just too fiddly and probably not a relaxing knit for a holiday. The green sock requires close following of a chart, which I don't think will suit holiday knitting.

I originally thought I'd do the second sock of the purple one picture top-left, but the first one is not a good fit, so I need to fix it first.

So it looks like my choices are limited. I want an easy, thoughtless knit, that doesn't require charts or close pattern following. I don't want to knit anything that I've already got on the needles. I want some new and exciting yarn and a new project (even if it isn't exciting!!) on my needles. I think I'm going to take my Dyelicious Sock Club cashmere blend and make some more plain socks. Or maybe not. I've got a few days to decide.

And something else I've been meaning to post for a while. My DH made me this swift some time ago. I think he was getting tired of (a) hearing me cursing at my yarn when I tried to wind it msyelf and (b) being used as a swift himself! He used an online tutorial as a guide (can't find the link), but he made the entire thing out of wood - no metal parts at all. Works a treat! And now I can wind yarn to my heart's content, all on my own!

1 comment:

Kat said...

your swift is like the one Kris's hubbie made me, and I love it, I'm sure you've love yours !

I have a scarf in the same noro..same state of unfinishedness..I can't find the project for that yarn!