Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Button, button, who's got the button?




Me. I've got quite a few now. Spotlight was having a 20% off everything sale so I popped in yesterday. Disappointingly it looked like they may have actually cleared their yarn shelves before the sale began, as there were A LOT of completely empty shelves in the yarn section. And if they didn't clear them, then they certainly didn't make an effort to restock them. So I got no yarn suitable for my plans for Christmas knitting. But I did console myself with a big bag of novelty buttons. Not sure what I'll do with them just yet. Some will be useful for garments, but others will probably just be good for embellishments, or for the boys to use to create things I suppose. M certainly likes them anyway. And there was a small kerfuffle over the bag when L got home from school yesterday. Small things huh.

And in knitting news.... I have cast on one of these (sorry, no non-Rav link, but it's a soaker with a skirt attached for anyone not on Rav). Going pretty quickly so far, but the main colour I'm using for the body is pooling. Undecided if I'm ok with this or not. And then not sure really what to do about it if I'm not. Yep, all the big issues around here!

2 comments:

Sue said...

I love those buttons. I use mine on baby knits and quilting projects. Spotlight had hardly any yarn last week when I popped in. They have put some summer cottons in but that is about it for now. I dont know if they will be putting any newer summer yarns in later on but I was thoroughly disappointed too.

Lucky-1 said...

I found when Spotlight had their baby wool on special...hardly any in the racks. Very disappointing.

Love the buttons:D My sister also uses buttons in her craft work.