Tuesday, April 3, 2007

What a difference a ball makes

I should really remember that skeins of dyed wool never look that impressive to me, because I find it hard to visualise what it will look like balled up and knitted when still in the skein. I thought I was disappointed with the way my latest dye job turned out and said in the last post I might over-dye the purple. Well, I decided I would just leave it (mostly because I couldn't be bothered going through all that again! ) so I just balled it up last night and.... I'm in love!! I really like the way it's turned out and I think it will knit up really nicely now. I love, love, love this merino supreme! Such a shame that they have decided to discontinue it :( It is so soft and squishy. I really must get some more of the cream - I only have two balls left now - for potential future projects :) Seems to have taken the dye really well. I got hardly any runoff when I rinsed the dye out after *cooking* it in the microwave. With the last wool I dyed (in the same colours) - it was from Bendigo Woollen Mills - I got heaps of runoff (although the dye seemed to take really well. Maybe I just used too much dye last time?).


I really want to get cracking on this wool, but DH rolled his eyes at me when I said I might start it next LOL So I probably should at least get L's jumper on the needles and make some more progress with the throw rug. But M really does need a nice soft pair of night longies with the cooler nights now, and this is what the merino supreme was for. Hmm.... decisions, decisions :) How many projects can I realistically have on the go at once and actually complete?!?

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Oooh I really love those colours! Great job!

Rachael said...

Oh and in answer to your question of how many projects...I reckon 10 is OK pmsl. All depends how quickly you get bored!

Lou's Mum said...

ok, 10. got that LOL will tell my DH you said it's ok next time he rolls his eyes PMSL!

Tracy said...

Oh that wool is so nice well done. I'm amazed too at how differnt it looks balled :)