Monday, April 2, 2007

Love, love, love these longies

Update - Finished!!! Finished these off over the Easter Weekend. Even did some knitting in the car to speed the process up on the last leg LOL DH thinks I'm a nut :) I really love the way they've turned out and they look fantastic. Has the curly purly waistband, but the rest of it I made up as I went along. M seems pretty happy with them. When I put them on to try he took off running and kept stopping to look down and giggle LOL

Oops, forgot to mention that the lovely wool came from Ali at Bumnround :)







Some updated pics of the BFL longies. My new needles arrived on Friday so I was finally able to carry on with the legs! what a dufus for starting them in one size without checking that I had the same size in the smaller circumference *rolls eyes* Anyway, I have been powering along and I can't believe how far I've gone in just one night and a bit of the afternoon. And knitting with people around me bugging me LOL



The waistband is the Curly Purly, which I really love, but is a bit of a PITB because ribbing is not my favourite thing and seems to take me forever! (although I am getting much faster at it now). The rest of it has just been made up as I've gone along based on the number of stitches I needed for M's measurements (I had to adjust the required number for the curly purly pattern). This has worked out great because I did the gusset differently to the one other pattenr I've got (which I don't really like all that much anymore LOL) and it also gave me the extra stitches in the legs that I wanted to try and avoid that *girly* look that the other pattern seems to end up with for me. Can't wait to get these finished so I can try them on M! DH keeps asking what I'm doing though, and I think he's a bit miffed I'm not working on his throw rug LOL I just get more instant gratification with these because they are finished so quickly! I feel like I've been knitting that throw forever and I'm still not finished the second lot of squares LOL

No comments: