Monday, June 18, 2007

Afraid

Of this wool. BFL hand-dyed from Four Bags Full (Katanya from Baa Bum). "Sea Horse Dancing" colourway.





I so desperately want to knit this up into longies for M, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it as yet. I've swatched it. I just need to adjust the pattern for my gauge. I think this is part of the problem. Everytime I knit pants for M I always need to adjust and I'm always worried that the sizing will be all wrong. But that's never stopped me before! I think I'm also afraid of not doing this yarn justice LOL It's so beautiful, and I really want them to be *perfect*. I know that's not going to happen :) Maybe that's what's stopping me? I should just do it. What's the worst that can happen? They'll be too big/small? I can redo them. I know once I get started it will all be fine. This is just like when I'm about to fly. Especially the long-haul OS flights. I know once I'm on the plane a calm comes over me and I *know* it will be ok and we'll get there safely, but in the leadup to take off (weeks and days before) I feel nervous and afraid about being up there. I'm not afraid of flying. Just afraid of the thought of what could happen LOL And I'm not afraid of knitting! Just afraid of having to undo/redo. But I don't know why pants for M cause me to feel this way especially? I should just get on with it. If I delay starting much longer, by the time I finish winter will be over and the point of the wool will be lost! It's *just* a nappy cover after all, right?!

No comments: