Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Boring, but functional.


At least I hope so LOL

These are the longies I just finished for M in merino supreme. A whole 8 balls of it! That's 400gms people!! They are heavy. And massive. I used the Picky Pants pattern and because I wanted them specifically for night wear, I added extra rise as per the pattern, and they certainly are some harry highpants longies! I must admit though, he was wearing a very trim itti bitti when I tried them on, so they may well look much better over a boosted night nappy :) And they should help to keep him warm. We do have a sleeping bag for him, which works well, but I would like to be able to wash it every now and then LOL So needed some nice warm longies to alternate between. I'm hoping they don't fall apart, as I snipped the ball changeovers without weaving in some extra end, as I usually do, and I'm afraid they might unravel! I'll have to be extra careful with them. My first I-cord too. Worked out pretty good if I do say so myself :)

1 comment:

Sam said...

I love this yarn! I have cargo shorties made in Merino supreme that I keep meaning to lengthen into longies - perfect winter yarn :)