Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Presto Chango

From this.....



to this.....



The pattern is Fetching from Knitty.com. I use the recommended yarn in all cases - Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. I love it! These are very quick and easy to knit up. I used larger needles than recommended because my gauge was a bit off - no idea what my gauge was though, since I didn't swatch. Just knit one up, decided it was too tight feeling, ripped it out and went up a size. Perfect! I made a few changes to the thumb though - added a couple of extra stitches to start with and knit a few extra rounds. Made the wrist part longer on the natural coloured one too. So far I've only made one of each in each colour. Waiting for more of the yarn to come so I can finish. Have toyed with the idea of just doing one, but thought that might be channeling a little too much Michael Jackson, circa early 1980s, and that might just show my age too much LOL Two of these are going to be gifts. The natural coloured one will be for me.

No comments: