Monday, January 4, 2010

Another impromptu 2009 FO

Some time ago my husband asked me to make some mitts for his mum (mom). She lives where it is probably snowing right now, so he thought some toasty mitts might help to keep her hands warm while she's out in the garden in that kind of weather! These started out as something else, but then I decided I didn't like them and they were reborn as the Cupcake Mittlets.
These were super-quick - the first one was made in an afternoon/evening so probably about 2-3 hours. The second one took a little longer, but I blame the children for distracting me on that one!
I knit these with an extra pattern repeat to make them a little longer on the wrist, as per the pattern suggestion.

These are supposed to be a Christmas gift, but Christmas has been and gone of course, so they will be a little late. I didn't start them until after Christmas was over last year! But since I started their first incarnation close to a year ago, better late then never, right?!

No comments: