Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wow, that was fast

Christmas and New Year have been and gone already. I had planned to post just before Christmas, and was hoping to get another one in just before New Years, but things got crazy around here. All the kids home, sick bub for the week leading up to Christmas Day, Christmas lunch at our house this year and a last minute decision to knit some gifts meant that me and the computer haven't really come together too much in the last 3 weeks! Probably a good thing though.

I need to do a follow up on my FO month in December. I didn't quite get there, but more on that another day.

But here are some FOs that weren't part of that plan.


French Press Felted Slippers. This is where reading blogs can get me into trouble. I first came across these on the Yarn Harlot's blog (as did many others!) and decided immediately that they'd be great gifts for my mother and SIL. First pair turned into a "practice pair", but I managed to knit two more pairs (including those pictured above) in time for Christmas Day gift giving. I was sewing the straps and buttons on Christmas Eve! I forgot to take a picture of the other pair, but they were a pink colour. Both done in Bendigo Woollen Mills Rustic 12ply. The felting was a bit hit and miss, but they did felt enough. Interestingly the pink pair felted much better than the natural colour. Anyway, I'm happy with them, and I want a pair for myself now!

This next FO you've seen before. But I finally fixed the dropped stitch and blocked it enough to get some pics of it on.
I LOVE it and I'll be wearing it to death I'm sure. Only I do think that it will be an autumn/winter/spring garmet, as I felt a bit warm in it while take pictures this evening. And it's not all that hot here right now. I modified the neckline on this one to make it lower, but I think I could have gone a bit lower even. It seemed really open and low before adding the ribbing to the neckline, but it really pulled it in after it was added. Anyway, I'll probably knit another one eventually.

I have a few other non-knitting items to show off that I completed before Christmas, as gifts for the kids. I'll get around to photographing those this week hopefully.

I hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Years!

2 comments:

Sam said...

wow love the Rusted Root, it's gorgeous and looks great on you! I loved the look of the french press slippers too, but I'm not a big fan of chunky needles, so was a bit scared off.. they are very cute though.

Lou's Mum said...

thanks Sam :)

I'm not a fan of chunky needles, either, they hurt my hands :( but these were really quick to knit up so it wasn't to much of an ordeal. I made two pairs in two days!