Saturday, March 31, 2007

Beads

I thought I would have a go at making my own stitch markers. The few that I do have are lovely, and on closer examination look quite easy to do. As luck would have it, there is a scrapbooking/craft/bead shop literally on my street, that has only opened relatively recently. I've been itching to get in there, but most of the time I have the boys with me and this isn't really conducive to browsing beads, without worrying about whether someone is destroying another part of the shop LOL Well yesterday I decided I just had to go, kids or no kids, so M went in the Ergo (what a wonderful invention that is!) and L had the promise of a trip to the DVD shop (right next door) to encourage him to behave himself. I got a couple of tools, some wire and some beads and today I made my very first stitch markers while the boys ate lunch :)


And a close up of the beads. I chose everything based on the beautiful beads with the roses on them. They were nearly $4 each! but they are so beautiful and the rest of it was relatively inexpensive so that makes up for it :)



I think I have a new addiction LOL

I'm signing up for their next beginner beading class :)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

They are super :) Well worth the price

Joh said...

wow gorgeous.

Sam said...

they're fun to make aren't they?!

Lou's Mum said...

they are fun to make Sam! my problem now is too many beads to choose from LOL I spent nearly a half hour in the shop yesterday and ended up walking out with only the four heart shaped beads LOL