Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Rainy Day Socks (or should I say *sock*)


One down, one to go. The second one will have to wait. This was quite a challenge for me, even though the lace pattern is quite simple and easy to remember.

Things I have learned while knitting these socks:
  • comedic television and knitting do not go together at all (particularly The Chaser's War on Everything)
  • Playgroup and knitting anything other than stocking stitch do not mix well either
  • I am not good at frogging lace
  • I am now an excellent "un-knitter"
I think I spent more time *un-knitting* these than knitting them. Oh and I might add that there is a couple of mistakes in the, despite my frequent un-knitting. Grrrrr. Anyway, don't let my struggles put you off if you want to knit this sock. The problems I had were more to do with me than the pattern.
Ok, maybe I should include some specs?


Pattern: Rainy Day Socks



Yarn:
Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in Pink (#340006)

Needles: 3.5mm 100cm circular (Knit Picks), magic-loop

I shall post a pic in here when I finally finish the other one, but I'm putting it down for now.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

You did a beautiful Job. :) I've finished one and haven't cast on 2 yet either :) will do it this evening as I want to avoid SSS....Second Sock Syndrome Lol

Rachael said...

Great job - you did it! Just don't wait too long to cast on the second one :).

tikki said...

looks gorgeous kim,love the colour! You inspired me to cast on my second one tonight while watching... you guessed it, the chaser LOL

Lou's Mum said...

thanks :)

Tikki, you should have been ok. tonight's wasn't as hilarious as last weeks! LOL

Anonymous said...

wow, that is a seriously impressive sock! good job! (and mistakes add character I reckon) ;)