Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bad dye job


This was some wool I dyed up that was originally to be used for the NC spring swap. I'm not sure what happened, but it certainly didn't turn out as I'd planned! In the end I didn't use it for that and it's since been sitting in my stash, and I wasn't planning on using it because I didn't really like it. But, since getting my wool baller I've changed my mind! Looks totally different balled up. Lots of purple, and I like purple, but still think it might be a bit much for me, but I will definitely knit it up and see how it turns out. Worst thing that can happen is that I have a pair of pants for M that he can bum around in at home, right?! It was white NZ utiku before I got my hands on it, so again, a bit furry for my liking but should be fine for rough and tumble.


2 comments:

Sam said...

i think you'd be surprised how nice that will look once knitted up! I know some of my 'failed' dyeing attempts look better than the 'success' ones once they've been knit ;)

Anonymous said...

oooh, I think it looks yummy!! A beautiful colour :)